This blog post was updated by Heather Kubacki, Graphic Designer & Marketing Coordinator at Research & Marketing Strategies (RMS).
Research & Marketing Strategies, Inc. (RMS) has once again received approval from the Center of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) for ACOs Survey Project Team to be a vendor for 2019–2020 survey administration. The approval allows RMS to administer the CAHPS for ACOs survey on behalf of Accountable Care Organizations who are required to conduct the survey as part of their participation in Medicare programs.
In the past, RMS has assisted hospitals, accountable care organizations, physician practices, home health and hospice agencies, and in-center hemodialysis facilities to set a benchmark for current patient satisfaction in order to improve the overall patient experience. The following areas are covered in the CAHPS for ACOs survey:
- Getting timely care
- Between-visit communication
- Provider communication
- Health promotion and education
- Access to specialists
- Rating of provider
- Shared decision-making
- Patient resources
- Care coordination
- Courteous/helpful office staff
- Health/functional status
- Medication adherence
The deadline to choose a vendor is approaching fast—Accountable Care Organizations have until September 18 to choose the vendor that’s right for them. Here are some other important dates to keep in mind if you are looking for a CAHPS® for ACOs vendor:
- Sept. 18, 2019 — ACO web-based vendor authorization deadline
- Oct. 28–29, 2019 — Beginning of survey administration process
- Jan. 16, 2020 — Data collection ends
- Jan. 23, 2020 — Data submission to CMS
So how do you know who’s the right fit as your CAHPS for ACOs vendor? With RMS, we make it easy. Let’s break it down:
- One-on-one consultation: Here at RMS, your company is not just another number. We pride ourselves on the ability to consistently work one-on-one with our clients and get to know your company’s needs. Our Healthcare Analytics team is always available to answer questions you may have. We are never too busy for you. RMS also offers a real-time online portal that allows you to access data at any time of the day.
- High Response Rates: Our response rates are consistently higher than the national averages posted by CMS. That means a higher degree of reliability for your organization and a clear picture of overall operations that impact reimbursement. Another differentiator that separates RMS from other vendors is our mailing process. We use actual stamps on every piece of mail that leaves our office, which lessens the perception of junk mail from recipients.
- Experience: Since the inception of Hospital CAHPS® in 2006, RMS has been on the forefront of the latest CAHPS surveying. With our knowledge of Value Based Purchasing, PCMH Recognition, and ACOs, we are well-versed in the workings of Patient Satisfaction surveying and have the capabilities to fit any needs you may have. Healthcare is one of the major cornerstones of RMS, and we are here to help you obtain results. RMS is sure to comply with all CMS guidelines, deadlines, and protocols—and when added to our over 50 years of industry experience—you can rest assured that you’re receiving the best service possible.
- Flexible: There is no “one-size-fits-all” solution to marketing and research challenges. Not only can we conduct the CAHPS for ACOs survey, but through our different departments, we are able to provide a variety of services that can transcend to all parts of your organization.
Research & Marketing Strategies (RMS) has a dedicated Healthcare division that specializes in CAHPS administration and reporting. Our team can consult with you on all CAHPS processes and determine if we are the right fit for your organization.
If you are interested in learning more about RMS as your CAHPS vendor, contact our Vice President of Corporate Development, Sandy Baker at SandyB@RMSresults.com or by calling 1-866-567-5422.