Work at RMS.
At RMS, we’re dedicated to finding the best talent from a wide range of disciplines and experiences.
Explore our dynamic career opportunities. Become a game changer in the market research industry.
Fear of missing out on a great opportunity? Send your resume to JenniferR@RMSresults.com.
Healthcare Research Analyst Read more
Provide research and analytical support on a wide variety of healthcare related projects in the RMS Healthcare division. The position will focus on patient satisfaction measurement and healthcare reporting, with a heavy concentration on Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) sponsored CAHPS® reporting. Work will include reviewing payer and practice supplied data, analyzing patient satisfaction data, preparing client reports and assisting with data submission to government regulators. Provides client support for portal and Secure File Transfer Protocol (sFTP) setup and management, becoming familiar with healthcare industry sources such as CMS, State Health Department and insurance payer websites.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
1. Serves as part of the core CAHPS project team, providing valuable input and insight on various initiatives related to the industry, including emerging trends and regulatory compliance.
2. Assists with various assigned project management and research tasks, paying attention to deliverables, specified deadlines as well as rigorous attention to quality of work.
3. Responsible for conducting all CAHPS work and reporting in full compliance with CMS regulatory guidelines.
4. Responsible for assisting with submission of CAHPS data files by predetermined deadlines for all CAHPS product lines.
5. Design and implement robust analytic reporting solutions to support the identified client and project needs.
6. Responsible for compiling data from multiple sources to generate client reports, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data.
7. Preparation and review of summary reports and trend analysis based upon analytical research tied to clients’ individual needs and provides consultative recommendations and analysis.
8. Responsible for cultivating and maintaining a good working relationship with client contacts, building a consultative rapport.
9. Assistance in various types of internal auditing to ensure quality and compliance with regulatory and operational guidelines.
10. Assist with preparation of client correspondence, newsletter and blogs targeted to inform and educate clients and the community-at-large.
11. Provides support and training to clients for sFTP site and portal setup and access.
12. Perform other duties as requested.
Minimum position requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Minimum two years’ experience in analytics or research capacity
• Ability to work independently and follow through on own initiative is essential. Time management and organizational skills are needed.
• Strong analytical understanding of concepts and use of database management
• Must have experience with SQL and Access and ability to work in XML and other file formats
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint) software, high proficiency in Excel, as well as VBA and Excel macro is required
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Willing to uphold a commitment to a team environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups of people are required
Computer work: 75%
Travel: 10% (minimal at this time)
*This position requires access to patient Protected Health Information (PHI) and will also involve access to electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI). Those in this position are required to comply with all final regulations including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). Intentional or inadvertent disclosure of PHI or ePHI violates federal law and can result in termination and/or fines. Additionally, employees in this position are required to notify the Privacy and/or Security Officer of any suspected incidents whereby RMS is not in full compliance with HIPAA. RMS will provide HIPAA training opportunities and venues for the employee to remain abreast of HIPAA requirements.
To apply, please submit a resume, salary history and cover letter to the following:
Happy employees are successful employees.
Just as we care deeply about our clients and work, we also care about the people who make it all possible. Our culture sets the tone for the work that we do. And a great culture leads to a great product—just take our word for it.
Christopher Coville, Manager of Research Analytics
Sandy Baker, Senior Director of Business Development & Corporate Strategy
Maggy Stewart, Graphic Designer & Marketing Coordinator
Mark Dengler, President
Peter Johnson, Healthcare Transformation Specialist
Andrew Clark, QualiSight Supervisor
Zach Shaw, Panel Associate
Lauren Krell, RMS QualiSight Manager
Susan Maxsween, Senior Director of Healthcare Operations & Compliance