This article was featured in the Winter 2013/2014 edition of RMS News – a publication of Research & Marketing Strategies, Inc. (RMS).
Here are five tips and tricks to having more effective employees in 2014:
- (1) Right Roles for the Right People – Understanding your employee’s strengths and weaknesses, and likes and dislikes can go a long way in employee and employer satisfaction. Assessing staff using scenario based questions and having them show or explain how they would apply their knowledge in a specific situation can aid effective decisions.
- (2) Clear Communication & Direction – Ensuring frequent and effective communication is crucial to the performance of an employee meeting and exceeding your expectations. Setting time aside every week to meet one-on-one and/or as a group is very productive with a focused meeting agenda. An employee who understands the direction of the company and its goals is more apt to help you with a valuable contribution above and beyond his/her regular job requirements.
- (3) Remove Negativity – Purge negative talk because it drains energy from the organization. Negativity effects communication and morale within the company. Don’t let negativity be the kryptonite that cripples your organization.
- (4) Hold Employees Accountable – Set clear objectives and timeframes for each project and hold employees accountable. Regularly scheduled evaluations are recommended. Grade on performance and reward success.
- (5) Let People Be Super! – Once you’ve got your employees in the right positions, trust them. Enable them with tasks and projects that will allow them to show off their creativity and skills. Celebrate success.
Research & Marketing Strategies (RMS) is a market research firm located in Syracuse NY that specializes in employee surveys and employee research. If you are interested in an employee satisfaction survey, RMS has the ability to benchmark your data against other companies within your industry and across all companies nationwide. Read about our EmPulse survey here. If you have any questions regarding employee research contact our Business Development Director Sandy Baker at SandyB@RMSresults.com or by calling 1-866-567-5422.