The in-center hemodialysis (ICH CAHPS®) survey process is designed to evaluate the patients’ experiences for dialysis care. The goal of this new initiative is to create evaluation scores that can be used to compare facilities to other facilities in the region, state, and across the country. By undertaking this effort, a facility will ultimately aid itself in internal quality improvement activities or quality improvement process (QIP). The ICH CAHPS® survey measures the following factors of patient experience:
- Nephrologists’ communication and caring
- Quality of dialysis center care and operations
- Providing information to patients
- Rating of kidney doctors
- Rating of dialysis center staff
- Rating of dialysis center
If you are looking for a vendor for the ICH CAHPS® survey or if you are already using a vendor and looking for a change, here are a few reasons as to why you should choose RMS as your ICH CAHPS® survey vendor:
- RMS has an onsite call center – Many vendors outsource this calling activity to third-party call centers and have to go through multiple parties to accommodate facilities requesting a phone component. As a result, data quality and quality control takes a hit. Facilities are compromising the data integrity. Our healthcare division was recently identified as one of only five preferred vendors by the National Renal Administrators Association (NRAA) for ICH CAHPS® survey. One of the main reasons we were chosen as a vendor (as stated by NRAA) was the additional quality control we could add to the process by having an onsite call center at our offices (see QualiSight call center). So, if you choose to do a mixed-mode process (phone and mail or even phone only), we will be able to monitor results in real-time ensuring that calls to your patients are held at the highest standard.
- RMS provides a dedicated ICH CAHPS® account manager for you – from the minute you request a proposal from RMS you will be working with our dedicated healthcare team for the ICH CAHPS® process. You’ll meet Megan who will guide you through this set up process. You will be provided an account manager who will handle your surveying process day-in and day-out. Our healthcare team is reliable, accessible, accommodating and thorough.
- RMS works with you as a consultant, not an order taker – we hear a lot of stories from clients who switched over to us from one of the larger vendors. They told us they were viewed as just another number, whereas we treat each client as our priority. We’ll work with you to get the ICH CAHPS® process rolling smoothly. We will also work with you to help you understand the patient experience data and our reports. Although the process itself is important, understanding the implications of the results is more important. We work with you to identify areas of improvement and consult with you on the journey of quality improvement.
- RMS has years of experience with all CAHPS® surveys (HCAHPS® and HH-CAHPS®) – we are a leader in providing consultative and operational support for transforming health provider organizations delivery of primary care as a patient centered medical home (PCMH). We also have years of experience in the following areas: healthcare practice quality and safety review; strategic planning and prioritization support; HCAHPS® surveying; HH-CAHPS® surveying; and CG-CAHPS®.
If you are interested in finding out more about how RMS can help your facility as your ICH CAHPS®
survey vendor, contact our Business Development Director, Sandy Baker at 315-635-9802 or email her at SandyB@RMSresults.com.