This blog post is a summary of a recent project completed by Research & Marketing Strategies, Inc. (RMS).
Background: In 2014, the Greater Baldwinsville Chamber of Commerce (GBCC) partnered with Research and Marketing Strategies, Inc. (RMS) to conduct an online member satisfaction survey. GBCC wanted to better understand the satisfaction with events and services, key drivers for why members join or choose not to join, interest and appeal in the GBCC initiatives, and generate ideas for the future of the GBCC.
Approach: RMS developed an online survey that contained approximately 25 questions and took 5 minutes to complete. GBCC provided RMS with a contact list of potential survey participants. The survey invitation was sent via email to GBCC members in the winter of 2014, with subsequent reminder emails. The survey was also promoted via the GBCC and RMS social media accounts. A total of 77 complete surveys were received and of those respondents, 66 were current GBCC members. Field work lasted approximately three weeks.
Results: Below are some highlights of the study’s findings. A full summary can be found here.
- Nearly half of respondents (47%) belong to other local chambers of commerce.
- GBCC members are active–nearly half (49%) attend five or more chamber events per year. A slightly higher number (58%) consider themselves to be active members.
- The most valuable chamber related events for respondents are the member business showcase, lunch and learns, and the monthly member luncheons.
- Two-thirds of respondents (76%) are somewhat or very interested in educational workshops or training sessions offered by GBCC, and 73% will pay to attend these opportunities.
- Nearly three-quarters (71%) of respondents stated they were likely to recommend GBCC to a colleague or business contact.
- Two-thirds of respondents (69%) stated that GBCC meets or exceeds their expectations. Conversely, 20% said that GBCC falls below expectations, indicating an opportunity for growth.
- Over three-quarters (79%) indicated they would retain their membership if GBCC were to increase dues by 5-10%.
- GBCC members prefer to have frequent news and updates-67% of respondents wish to communicate with the GBCC once a week or more. Nearly all respondents (97%) prefer hearing from GBCC via email.
RMS is a full-service market research firm located in Syracuse, NY. If you are interested in conducting a market research project, please contact Sandy Baker, our Senior Director of Business Development & Corporate Strategy at SandyB@RMSresults.com or by calling 1-866-567-5422. Visit our website at www.RMSresults.com.