This following blog post is a summary of a recent project completed by Research & Marketing Strategies, Inc. (RMS).
An insurance brokerage and benefits firm recently partnered with RMS to conduct client experience research. The client wanted to better understand their client experiences, interests, and preferences in order to provide better service, understand their brand, and become more efficient. The goal of the market research was to determine what is most important to their clients, create consistency in service delivery, and understand how best to market prospects.
RMS created and administered 30 in-depth interviews. The client provided a list of clients within the last two years to use for the interview recruit. The semi-structured interview guide explored the awareness of competitors, probed on specific components of the client’s experience, identified whether their expectations were typically met, and determined communication preferences. Fieldwork lasted approximately one month. Following the data collection and analysis period, a comprehensive report was delivered to the client, which included a visual dashboard of the findings, as well as next steps and recommendations that can be used to configure investment opportunities.
Here are some highlights of the study’s findings:
- Findings were segmented by the revenue range of the client list provided. Three different revenue ranges were identified, with differences among each range pinpointed where present
- The most well-known competitor was identified by revenue range, with further clarification of hot the interviewee felt the client compared to similar firms in the area
- Product and service needs were identified across revenue range
- The interaction with the primary point of contact was satisfactory for most of the interviewees, and communication channel usage was identified across revenue ranges
- RMS identified what respondents like best about working with the client, and what they found frustrating
- Overall satisfaction and likelihood to recommend was very high across revenue ranges
RMS is a full-service market research firm located in Syracuse, New York. If you are interested in learning more about our research capabilities, please contact Sandy Baker, our Vice President of Corporate Development at SandyB@RMSresults.com or by calling 866.567.5422.